Monday 29 May 2017

Challenge #259 - week of 27nd May 2017

Well look at me and my three or four prompts in a row - on time even!

Welcome back to another week of inspiration. It's great to see you here and I hope you've been creating recently.

I try to change up the prompts from week to week, moving between more random inspiration to scrapbook specific and this week, I decided to pull out a technique prompt because I don't think we've done one for quite some time.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by fussy cutting.

I'm not a big technique girl but once I'd got the hang of fussy cutting, I found that I loved it. This is definitely a way for me to use some of the more difficult, large patterned papers and it never takes as long as you think it's going to take. I go through phases where you find it on almost all my pages, but then I might go some months with nothing at all, until I remember it and off I go again. But I always love the result.

Here are just a few from over the years.








Use a tiny piece of fussy cut paper to embellish your page or make it a main feature. Get bold with that paper that you find hard to use and see if just a single cut out element can make it easier to scrap. Pick a word, a single flower or the whole sheet - it's never as difficult as you think.

Once you've fussied your way onto a scrapbook page, please share - you know how much I love that!

Remember that you can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#259 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#259 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...