Thursday 6 February 2014

#120 inspired by Creative Scrappers sketch #258

I'm LOADing.

Which means there's a chance to catch up with some of the prompts I offer you each week but seem unable to keep up with in my own scrapbooking!

I was determined to give prompt #120 a go as I really, really liked the grid design of the sketch

Creative Scrappers source here

I like the possibility to pile up the little elements in the middle and decided that one way to deal with some of the papers that I liked but didn't love any more, was to cut and layer them up which matched the sketch exactly.

It also matched the LOAD prompt for day 5 to bust the Scrapbooking Myth: you need to use new product.

I created the layout with my second February Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, Nostalgic which is full of older product and which I really wanted to see how much I could use. Everything on this layout except the Prima swirl (purchased last year) and the alpha (Thickers from the Scrapabilly Feb kit) come from the kit and are between 5 and 7 years old. New stuff? Myth. Old stuff can work well if you work it in to your current style.

Please excuse the appalling quality of these photos. Last night was horrible orange electric light and this morning was nasty not-quite-daylight-light. I tried to fix the ones from today but they are even worse than these. Mmmm. Will have to try harder!
Scrapbook Myth: You need to use new stash on your pages

Oh, just noticed something else newer. Those gems in the middle of the flowers were purchased earlier this year.

This was a very large unmanageable rub on that I cut in two to use here - I like how it works. The Prima swirl was again cut in half and I felt it broke up the stark black quite well. It feels good to see these items on a page. They were not cheap!

So, another myth busted, more old product used and inspiration from a great sketch. Win-win all round.

Have you given this sketch a try? Don't forget to link up over at our WM Flickr gallery (here) and give credit to Creative Scrappers #258.

6 comments:

  1. OMgosh that is just 2 cute :) and I love the layering (need to learn this myself I love the look of it) Great rendition of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and black perfection - I especially like where you placed your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layering here. Clever way to hide some less than desirable paper yet still stay true to the sketch! Wonderful layout as usual! I always love seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myth busting and counterfeiting equals a really cute layout. Love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...