Sunday 17 March 2013

#81 inspired by paper punches

Pam asked us to dust off those punches that we know you have tucked here and there in your scraprooms and get them working again.

Sensible advice as we all know how much they cost and if you have invested money into buying them, then you should certainly try to get your money's worth from them. Well, that's the way I think about anyway.

Punches are one of the items that I will suddenly remember to use and you'll see the butterfly or the heart or the tab appear on every layout, only to be as quickly forgotten again while I move on to another item. So it was nice to be nudged to open my punch drawer and remind myself of what I have.

No one will be surprised to hear that I have not one but two maple leaf punches that get used from on my Canadian adventure pages so that's the way I went this evening.

This layout was very much inspired by this week's Glitter Girl video where she used 4 6x6 papers to form the background. I haven't filled the page with paper for a long time and most of the other pages from our Yukon adventure are more my older style and there was a lot more "stuff" on my pages. So this will fit in more with the style of the other pages. I have high hopes of one day fishing all those Yukon pages out of the boxes and putting them into their own album(s) so at that time we'll see how well that works!

Anyway, I used both the maple leaves, with the smaller one making a negative punched border. Then I mirrored Shimelle's clustering in three placed and layered up leaves and both sizes of leaves for a bit of variety.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge November kit, Dempster layout #9





I really like all the punches and the overall design, but the strip of three smaller photos disturb me. However, they were part of the story and so they will be staying put.

It was nice to fill the page with paper so I'll be doing that again sometime soon!

Don't forget to share the details of your own punch collection over at our Flickr gallery :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I still have a couple sheets of that Basic Grey patterned paper. I *l♥♥♥e* it! If I had a top ten list of patterned papers, that would be in there. I think I smell a blog post. :P Love visiting you guys - keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...