Monday 12 November 2012

Challenge # 65 - Week of November 12, 2012

Phew! Here we are again.

Here at Whimsical Musings we try to change it up with the prompts - sometimes driven by color combos, other times by design elements, other times by story prompts or sketches. 

We hope you enjoy that aspect... but often times when deciding the next prompt, I try to find a balance. And in this case I think we are due for a quirky inspiration source.

I am a lover of music. I spend more time listening to music than any other activity. So it didn't take long for the scrapbooker in me to realize that Album covers are square - just like 12x12 layouts. Now unconsciously, I can't help but see sketches whenever I see an album cover. 

And here are a few interpretations from my own collection.

Inspired by THE SUBMARINES - HONEYSUCKLE REMIXES

inspired by THE SUBMARINES - HONEYSUCKLE WEEKS

inspired by THE IN CROWD - THE ULTIMATE MOD COLLECTION
I've curated a board on pinterest {here} with a few pieces to start you off. But you can create your own version of one of the pieces above; or you can find an album cover that speaks to you. Either way, be inspired by album art this week [and link us back to the source so we can appreciate how you were inspired].

As always, we encourage you to stop by the flick'r gallery and share your work with us with the tag WM#65. Also, feel free to join the chatter on the message boards. We are always there to help or cheer you on. 

Have a great week and I really can't wait to see what you come up with. 

xo,
Pamage

1 comment:

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...