Monday 22 October 2012

Challenge #62 week of 22nd October 2012

By the time you read this, I'm hoping I am settled into our new home - more or less.

It's hard work and stressful to move house and right now, it looks like I will be living without a working kitchen for the first however many weeks of living there. But hopefully the boxes will be mostly unpacked, the garden will begin to gain shape, my scrap stash will have found a new place in my new room, and I will feel a bit more settled once again.

This is my new scrap space. It's unpacked but not yet sorted. I've yet to find out how it will work for me and it most certainly needs prettying up to make it mine. Not nearly enough pink!

While my move was not planned, or even wanted at the time we decided, I'm hoping that this "house" will really become our new "home".

Home can mean different things to different people. When I am in Germany and talk about home I could be talking about the UK, but I'm usually talking about where I live. When I'm in the UK, you have to pay close attention to the context as I might mean UK, my mum's home, where I live or just Germany! But my heart is mostly in Germany so that's always a good place to start.

Home is where you go to at the end of the work day, home is where you kick off your shoes and plonk down on the sofa in front of the TV, home is where your loved ones or loved one (in my case!) is, home is where you cannot wait to get back to at the end of a holiday, no matter how great it was. Home truly is where the heart is.
I recently did this layout for LOAD about those darned packing boxes, so once I'm back and running when I get back "home", I'm hoping to get an unpacked layout done for this prompt :-)


Now, if you hadn't already guessed, I'd like you to be inspired by home this week.

Can't wait to see what you think about home and we'd love to see your creations over in our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery {here} with the tag #WM62.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Have my title: There's No Place Like Home...
    2 pager - all the ways we have made this [lace ours over the years...or something like that. Glad you are getting yourself settled - I know the kitchen thing is looming large, but all things in their time :~) Hope you are having/had? a nice trip "home"!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...