Monday 24 September 2012

Challenge 58 week of 24th September 2012

Today is F Scott Fitzgerald's birthday. He was born on September 24th 1896 and in his short life wrote just 4 novels (along with many short stories), now considered to be the great American novels of the 1920s.

I adore "The Great Gatsby", the film of which I saw as an impressionable teenager and promptly fell in love with Robert Redford. It's a long time since I last read the book and am now tempted to run out and get a copy to dive right in.

I could have decided to make this week's prompt about your favourite book but instead, I'd like you to be inspired by the glorious age of the Flapper, the Charleston or Art Deco.




Be inspired by the Roaring Twenties!

We'd love to see your creations over in our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery {here} with the tag #WM58.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. did you say art deco?? I am all over it! :) ps: I have photos of Yita's mom that are SO 20's. It'd be fun to do a page for Yita's life books this week too.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...