Sunday 16 September 2012

#56 inspired by new products

Hello, friends. Like you I am guilty of shopping for more products that I will be able to use in this lifetime.

I am not one to keep new products stored to gaze at lovingly. The moment a box comes through my door it gets opened, most times with the packages being torn apart and sorted into their corresponding bins right away. I work almost exclusively from a three drawer unit which holds my newest products and embellishments. I rarely turn to my stash for products.

Therefore, my new stuff gets used up quite frequently and quickly. If it gets taken out of rotation then it has less of a chance of being used so I try to use things up.

However, sometimes I love something so much I am intimidated into not using it. I focused on those products to come up with the two pages I did.


On this layout, I kept it simple by using just one photo and then I went to town with all the unused embellishments. The banner chipboard from OA which matched the OA paper I had been afraid to use. The super cool doily which needed a "special page", all the sequins and flowers that came with my last Studio Calico kit and terrified me. The wood banners which went so well with the theme that I used up the whole pack. The gold washi that I received as part of a different kit. 
 
 


These were all things I would never use because I didn't know how. This prompt forced me to find ways to make them work and match and fit in. Yay!

For my next layout, the story was a little different. I had been hoarding every little bike themed paper for that special page I wanted to make for my goal this year of riding a bike. Month after month, my Studio Calico kits contained some bike related elements and I would stash it away thinking I needed to save it for that special page. Eventually I went out and took the pictures that would match with the papers but then I didn't have a sketch to do the products and pictures justice.

I detest that feeling - that the scrapbook page is more important than the story being captured. So I knew I would take this week's challenge as my opportunity to just get it done! I grabbed my papers and just cut them, inked them, glued them, distressed them, etc and made a page.  
 
 
 
hope you were brave too and decided to cut up into you new stash and make a dent in it.

Have a great week.

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...