Sunday 9 September 2012

#55 inspired by Summer 2012

Like you, I lead a busy life... well, most of the time. So I welcomed the simplicity of making just one layout this week and a quick one at that. Even better that it summarizes on one 12x12 canvas my entire summer. This is what I call overachieving.


The colorful papers on the bottom as well as the overall design were inspired by Glitter Girl {here}.  Although my layout uses 30 photos, I like that they were limited to the 4x12 area of my page, leaving me plenty of room to play and still have some white space. 

The title - easily my favorite part of this page, came together from my need to find matching alphas in one set of all the many sticker sheets I have. I couldn't find a matching set that had all the letters I needed, so I took two different sets of the same type and mixed them. Then I misted over them in a color matching my layout and what was left behind was a perfectly matching title. You can see a photo of my process in the gallery {here}.

another great thing about this page for me was that I was finally able to use up some forlorn chipboard stickers in my stash. I loved the colors in these but rarely use these types of themed products anymore. I decided they went with this page well, especially the quote, so I sanded them down and distressed them a bit  to match the page better.

the photos were printed using my home printer. I created 2 separate 4x6 collages using picasa and printed them on regular paper. I didn't have to do any complicated measuring or cropping to figure out how to fit 30 photos on my page. And the seam...? Well, look for yourself. It is invisible.

That is all from me this week.

I am now off to enjoy the last bit of summer around here at a lifeguard-less beach.

xo,
Pamage

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome layout and look at all those happy shots! 30 photos on one page? incredible. and it's just a joy to look at. totally inspirational! I'm glad you ahd a great summer - I've enjoyed it with you, even if it was vicariously!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...