Monday 27 August 2012

Challenge #54 week of 27th August 2012

I was recently invited by a good blog friend, Clair, to participate in free online course she was setting up. I was delighted to be asked and honoured to be amongst some very talented paper crafters. And stitchers. Which is what the course was all about.

And so a prompt was born!

I had such a lot of fun creating layouts using differnent stitching inspiration and it struck me that this would be a great prompt for WM! I know that there's some stitchers as well as some quilters out there and if you don't usually take thread to paper, then here's the chance for you to give it a go!

If you want some ideas, you could go to Clair's site and check out the class where she talks about simple hand stitching, machine stitching, as well as inspiration from stamping, embroidery, quilting, string or cross stitch.

In the meantime, here are the two layouts I produced for the class:












And Pam is great in her use of stitching for her titles which I always love! For example here 

 And I know there are so many more exmaples of her stitching work in her Flickr photostream so be sure to go over there for more inspiration!

I seem to be having problems with formatting so I'll sign off now and hope for the best for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO in love with that stitched lace page *sigh* totally gorgeous...
    hoping I can find my tatting supplies...

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...