Monday 6 August 2012

Challenge # 51 - Week of August 6th, 2012

Hello! Welcome back to our little blog {who is almost celebrating it's one year anniversary}


the prompt for this week was born Sunday morning as I was in the car playing co-pilot, DJ and toll funds administrator. I looked down at my lap and noticed this message on the inside of my phone cover pictured below. Then I simultaneously noticed my nails, wallet and pants - and chuckled to myself. I kid you not, this photo was not staged in any way. I was wearing bright yellow pants, "Who the Shrek Are You" nail polish and had my purple wallet and pink Kate Spade phone cover out. Coincidence? Totally. Surprising? Not at all.


 


So you may have guessed it, your prompt this week is to be inspired by the phrase "Live Colorfully". In compiling my monthly collage of photos on my personal blog {here} I came to the realization that I lead quite a colorful life. The colors and patterns I use on my pages surround my everyday life. Polka dots, stripes and whimsical flower prints in all my happy colors cover everything I own. Clearly this prompt will not be hard for me. 


But if you are intimidated by color and your personal style or house decor is more muted beiges and classic whites, then I challenge you to consider these additional ways in which you can indeed live colorfully. Both prints below, as well as the slogan, belong to Kate Spade and her line. 


Live Colorfully
Live Colorfully

... and this one
Live Colorfully
Live Colorfully

I love all the ideas in the second print. So you don't have to limit yourself to just dressing or decorating with bright colors. The concept of "colorfully" is much bigger than that and I truly live to embody it. Let's take a little time this week to examine how we or those around us put this into practice.


I cannot wait to see what you all come up with this week while we celebrate our more colorful sides. And in the spirit of celebration, wear something colorful this week and share with us! Remember to tag this as WM#51 and check this space next Sunday for our interpretation.


xo,
Pamage

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Not sure I live a very colourful life to be honest. :-(. There may be a whole lot of pink but there's an awful lot of white and off white so it will be interesting to see where this takes me.

    Both these posters are inspirational! Thanks for a lovely prompt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and prompt. All my life I have always chosen wall paint that is colourful. Then I found scrapping. And the opportuinty to change up the pallet and use a different scheme on one square foot at a time was a big attraction for me. This outlet of expression has served me well. So much so that I can now paint walls in "normal" colours. My son came home one day to find me rolling a nuetral, off-white. His face was priceless. "Who are you and what did you do with my mother?"

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...