Sunday 8 April 2012

#33 Inspired by Old Stash

Hello ladies. Did you go on a hunt through your stash? Well, I did. And I found some pretty cool treasures. I pulled them out to inspire me.


Look at all that cool stuff. Gel pens! I mean, I haven't used those since 2007. I was surprised they haven't dried up. And all those chipboard shapes, I got a bucket of those in 2006. The stickers I used to love to hoard and those plastic template shapes which go way back to 2002. 

I didn't force myself to use all of those items, but just let myself be guided by them and came up with two layouts.

unique big apple


I kept this layout pretty close to my current style with paint splatters and mix-matched patterns. However, I did incorporate an element outside of my usual style by mounting old jolee's boutique NYC stickers on black chipboard. I followed Shannon Tidwell's advice and used the entire sheet on this layout - and concentrated to a small area. I really liked the idea of the stickers overlapping each other, but the colors felt off. I didn't want such a stark contrast. So I resorted to the vellum still in my stash and added a new york city quote and some chipboard photo corners to complete the block. I like how it came out in the end and that the stickers were put to good use. I also drew some lines with my gel pens.

long beach




This layout was a little bit different from what I've been doing lately, but thanks to the colors I used and the timeless grid sketch, it still feels current. 

With this layout I managed all of the following:
* matted photos
* chipboard photo corner & embelishment
*felt embelishment
*handwritten title
* plastic frame with paint
* eyelets
* textured cardstock (no patterned paper)

I had fun visiting memory lane with my stash - and hey, I still have a bunch of stuff on desk which i might use on a couple more layouts.

I hope you found new ways to use your old items - and had some fun along the way. Can't way to see what your came up with in our gallery.

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...