Monday 5 March 2012

Challenge # 29 Week of March 5th, 2012

Hello there and Happy Monday. 

We are delighted that you are joining us again for another week of fun. Believe it or not, this is Whimsical Musing's challenge number 29 {and curiously my favorite number}.

As I roam the internet and read blogs and browse sites I am constantly awed by all the opportunities to find inspiration. Such inspiration came to me this week on March 2nd. As you may have become aware, it was the anniversary of Theodore Seuss Geisel's birth. It was also opening day for the new movie {Lorax} here in the States. 

It seemed the internet was a-buzz with the commemoration of his 108th birthday. And as I read more quotes and saw more images and remembered more stories I couldn't help but associate it with scrapping.

Consider these points of layout inspiration:
- use a quote from one of his books for title or journaling 


- Be inspired by a color scheme from seussville.com. His books were filled with happy, bright color combinations. Get in touch with your childlike side and play with these colors.

- Or browse the {characters section} for inspirational characters and compare these characters to characters in your life. Characters such as "The Grinch" or "Thing 1 & Thing 2" can lead to some great stories.

- Mimic the whimsical patterns and objects with your elements and design (my layouts often look seussical) . Don't be afraid to doodle free-hand. 

- Lastly, you could tell a story about your favorite (or your child's favorite) Dr. Seuss story or movie.

I want to see where inspiration takes you this week. There is plenty here to choose from. 

Lisa and I will be back with our layouts next week. I am looking forward to keeping my mind open to where this inspiration will lead me. If you are inspired and create something, please share it with us on our Flick'r site with the tag (WM#29). We love to see your work. 

xo,
Pamage

3 comments:

  1. ok.... this one could be interesting. Seuss isn't known at all here in Germany but I did like his books as a child, even if I only read them while I was at the library! :-) I'll have to ask my mum if she has any memories of me reading any of them! I will mull over this idea... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I adore this challenge!! So many great quotes and my youngest was talking just the other night about his favorite Dr.Seuss book which happens to be a book my mom gave him! Perfect! Now if I can just finish my overdue projects that put off to finish LOAD than I can put that down!
    Lisa - try googling Dr. Seuss quotes. I bet you find a couple that would work well for your nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoohoo! Hello everybody! *waving at you* I made it to the party! So excited to show you the project I made from this challenge. Uploading as I type. Looking forward to seeing what you have made too.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...