Sunday 19 February 2012

#26 Inspired by sketches

I slowed things down a bit this week knowing that a lot of us are pretty busy with LOAD right now and offered a Page Maps sketch to use.



It's a two-pager but I thought it was very flexible on how it could be used.

I decided to use the left hand side and rotate it 90° to fit a landscape 5x7 photo. I shifted all the elements on the page to the left to take it off-centre but kept the three heart element as I thought this was so pretty. I decided to see how free hand I could go and drew, cut and outlined my own hearts which may seem a small step for you but was quite a big one for me :-) I love how Pam influences me to try new things. I love the effect and even though I won't be doing this on every page I do, I can imagine trying this out again sometime.

I kept it simple because I wanted the focus to be on the photo as imperfect as it is! I don't know if there's all that many photos of me and my best friend from school and I can almost remember sitting there and having this taken by another of our friends on this evening at our school.

Another Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout using my February, Record, kit


Simple. But another moment captured.

I hope you enjoyed the sketch and I look forward to seeing your takes in the Flickr gallery (tag: WM#26).

Check in again soon to see what delights Pam has for us with this week's prompt as well as the new challenge tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...