Monday 30 January 2012

Challenge #24 week of 30th January 2012

Some weeks ago, Pam shared her birthday list which she uses as a list of goals for the next 12 months.

I adored the idea and got around to completing my list earlier this month. It's such a great concept for me as I don't do resolutions any more but often come up with a few overriding goals for the year ahead. The birthday list gives me a bit of that with some bigger aims (such as decluttering my flat room by room) but also the chance to record some smaller ideas of things to do that might get forgotten in the stress and struggle of everyday life (such as to have a picnic).


One of the items on the list is to write hand-written letters throughout the year. I'm a bit old-fashioned like that and love to sit down write a real letter from time to time. Yes, it hurts the hand after a while but nothing beats an envelope hitting the mailbox with a handwritten address that you just know isn't a boring bill or advertising but rather real person to person communication. I love it and if I love it, then others must too, mustn't they?

Anyway, the topic of handwriting, or the decline in the practice of writing with a pen rather than a keyboard is something I've been thinking about a lot recently and I even came across a really interesting article about it (ironically, online!) in the Economist's Intelligent Life that you can see here.

And on Monday last week, I was reminded by Pam that it was National Handwriting Day.

Sometimes everything seems to be connected.

So we have a theme! :-) We have handwriting and we have letters. Can you see where I'm going with this?

This week's prompt for you is to include a handwritten letter as your journalling on your project.

We'd love to see your creations over in our Flickr gallery with the tag WM#24!

3 comments:

  1. fantastic prompt. Love handwritten letters. I have loads of them. Now to figure out which one to use. Ahhhh! Can't wait.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know what you mean about everything being connected - I love the sweet serendipity of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout! I love it!Gorgeous embellishments (flags & tag).

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...