Sunday 11 September 2011

#6 Inspired by sketches

Challenge #6 was this Page Maps sketch, but we should change it out a little - make more our own.

Sketch courtesy of Page Maps September 2011
I also wanted to make my first Departing Summer (Counterfeit Kit) layout so I combined both the Whimsical Musings weekly challenge and my kit. Strike!

In the end it turned out unpretty and hopefully, a bit boyish instead of the pretty girlie layout I'd had in mind when I first saw the sketch!




I decided to make a second layout using the sketch because I wanted something prettier!


I created the clear embossed background as part of a CKC challenge and kept the "stuff" on top of it to a minimum so that it would show through. I just thought the butterflies were so pretty.

One of the things I love the most about this sketch is the row of photos - you know how I love the multi-photo layout - and when I looked at all that pink, I thought of my (somewhat Diva-ish according to her mum) niece! Photos spanning the years. Perfect.




Thanks for looking!
Lisa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...